7.16.2015

The Black Keeps Bleeding

The Black Keeps Bleeding

The black keeps bleeding 
Seeping and creeping
Into the hope I harbor
The white grows grey 
Obscurity’s martyr
Till all that is left
As the light gives way
Is dark and darker.

---

I'm afraid the wine won't wash away
The blood that brands my hands
Mourn the loss of more innocent days
When I thought I knew who I am

Call a thing by better names 
It is no better or worse
To see the dark side of light
Is a rare and painful curse

To scar a man's mere mortal flesh
Is a sin simple enough
But far fouler it is a transgress
To kill another’s love

Quod me nutrit me destruit
David’s disease also haunts me
Living to die, dying to live
Resigned to conclude, “c’est la vie”

Pick your poison, Socrates
How the rope doth fray
Defy your death, Dionysus
Game Pascal dare not play

Ravenous hunger for everything
O, Heart so far from pure
Give Kierkegaard my apologies
Thank Camus for the cure.

---

Even as I cling so desperately to life
And pretend that I be free
I glimpse on the fringe of Sanity's sight
Death blows kisses to me.


- Quin McGlaughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment