7.16.2015

Where the Wild Things Grow


Where the Wild Things Grow
For my father, Flint McGlaughlin,
Who taught me to cherish beauty, to love living, and that life without beauty and passion is not living at all.

Find me where the sunlight shines
‘Twixt the running river and climbing pines
Slumber under the wolf’s lullaby
Where the greenwood wind cries

Where earth under bone can feed my soul
With the heat of a flame to chase the cold
Where fireflies dance at forest’s fold
Under starlight’s crystal lull

Where God spreads blanket of lilac and rose
Over gaping fields for my heart to roam
And the moaning oaks stoically pose
Where the wild things grow

Where the clouds sleep on mountains high
And the horizon folds into edge of sky
Bids farewell to Moon’s knowing smile
And Nature hums her breezy sigh

Where earth trades dirt for green and gold
The secrets of the sacred organic are told
The world is cast in Beauty’s mold
I am home.



- Quin McGlaughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment